Frequently Asked Questions
What can CeraKote be applied to?
CeraKote can be applied to a wide range of items and substrates including:
- • All metals, including: titanium, aluminum, magnesium, copper, brass, stainless steel, etc…
- • Most plastics and polymers
- • Fiberglass and carbon-fiber stocks, grips and hand guards
- • Scopes and optics (exterior only – ambient cure C-Series)
- • Scope and optics mounts and other high-quality accessories.
Hard rubber and flexing rubber will not take CeraKote.
Can you coat a firearm that has been previously coated with another product?
In almost every case, yes. The old coating will be removed during the metal prep process.
Will CeraKote cover up any defects or etching on the surface?
No, CeraKote is so thin that it will not mask any defects that can’t be removed with the metal prep process.
Engraving will show through, rust pitting, as well as any machine marks.
We can certainly fix most flaws before coating, for an additional cost.
Why can’t I find your Address on the web site?
Due to the nature of the business, we keep the address from the general public on the INTERNET in order to schedule and
track appointments of new arrivals at the facility. In addition to keep our customers projects in a secure low traffic environment
and so we can concentrate on the projects.
Thanks for your understanding and we look forward to your business!